Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Coloring Books: Not Just for Kids


Everywhere you look these days there are adult coloring books. Researchers have begun touting the therapeutic nature of them, and bloggers have been talking about how great it is that coloring is cool for adults now. I'm with the latter. So of course, I couldn't help but order this little number... 


This cat has an awesome napping spot

There are cats! And books! And Paris! Cats in Paris is like a nerd's dream. Despite the amazing amount of mockery this produced from my boyfriend, this coloring book is pretty dope. My art skills are limited to cutting shapes out of construction paper and cake decorating, so a way to draw without embarrassing myself with stick figures makes me pretty happy. 

How could you say no to that face?
This book is not one of the super intricate doodling coloring books. There are big white spaces but some more difficult coloring spots. The book is definitely cute, but if you're looking for an incredibly complex coloring book, I wouldn't pick this one. It's also quite large. This is a big purse coloring book, great for airplanes or some solid coloring on a Saturday night. I'd pair this with a nice Merlot. A good book for the cat lover in your life, or if you're looking for a coloring book that doesn't require a ton of patience or attention, this one is pretty fabulous.

Courtesy of Blogging for Books

No comments:

Post a Comment